Page 16 of 42 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41 42 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51194 - 11/18/05 09:28 PM Re: OT: Evolution
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
Christanity has had humanity by the balls for centuries, it's finally starting to be exposed for what it is. IMHO, B ull****, a lie, a falsehood, a trick, pysological mind control that has been very potent on the weak minded.

It's time we freed ourselves from this plight on humanity , to be human beings without some priest telling you your a sinner, and jesus died for your so called sins. It's B U L L S H I T, PERIOD!!!!!!!

So is creationism and ID. If you actually buy into this, you really need to take a vacation from yourself, like in "What about Bob?". The story of the bible is a story, (as in fairytale). You might as well add the tooth fairy, Santa, and the wicked witch of the west into your portfolio of personal reality.

Tell a kid born with birth defects , aids, limbs missing that there is a god that loves you, created you in His image, and made to to suffer a lifetime where others are born into favorable circumstances, good looking, money, great edcuation, where is the "we are all born inocent" come into this?

The fact is you don't have an awnser, how long can you continue to defend an illusion? There are many caught in the "Matrix" of a false reality, live to the illusion, and liveout their lives in the matrix of a lie someone else created for you.

#51195 - 11/18/05 10:43 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
A-F*****G-MEN!

#51196 - 11/19/05 03:58 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Fieryjack Offline

Loc: New York
So Jeremy,

God has you all hot and bothered, clearly. How do you feel about Satan and the devil? Is that all b.s. too? Is Evil part of the fairyland you are describing?

You have a lot of crap figured out, clearly.

#51197 - 11/19/05 07:25 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fieryjack:

How do you feel about Satan and the devil? Is that all b.s. too? Is Evil part of the fairyland you are describing?
Precisely.

#51198 - 11/19/05 10:12 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
I agree with a lot of what you say, Jeremy, but there are also a lot of very profound teachings in every one of the world's great religions. It's only the ridiculous interpretations of Christianity that have perverted its real messages. And extremism is ludicrous regardless of the religion.

On the other hand I've already said that I'm not a great fan of religion right now. All I see it doing is dividing people and making them vote for Bush.

#51199 - 11/20/05 07:15 AM Re: OT: Evolution
zrocks Offline

Loc: Minneapolis
 Quote:
On the other hand I've already said that I'm not a great fan of religion right now. All I see it doing is dividing people and making them vote for Bush.
So you hate Muslims as much as you hate Christians? Funny how hate has entered the brain of those who wanted to outlaw hate crimes.

Do you think Bush has a great Muslim following? Or is it Christianity that you hate/fear?

Would you have more respect for Christian fundamentalism if they kidnapped innocent people and cut off their heads while video taping the act?

I was not aware that religions depended on a fan base.

Speaking of evolution, did you read where the Pope 's representative declared ID and Creationism is B as in B and S as in S. It is time for you and the Pope to kiss and make up. He is going to send a priest right over.

~ Nick Batzdorf

#51200 - 11/20/05 07:24 AM Re: OT: Evolution
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Why would you get that I hate Christians from anything I wrote? What I hate is that there appears to be a 1:1 correlation between the number of times a person goes to church or synagogue and his or her (mostly his) likelihood of having voted for Bush.

And I did read this:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/18/D8DV0FEO0.html

My comment was that Coyne is smarter than his boss.

#51201 - 11/20/05 12:15 PM Re: OT: Evolution
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
No I was trying to get this topic fired up and go for a record 5 pages.

Well I'd lump "satin" in with all the other myths Christianity has as it's framework. I agree Nick there are words of wisdom in the bible, but the basic story, praying to a man hanging on a cross, bleeding, suffering, and being told that YOU are responsible for this, is a lie. Being told the earth was created in 6 days is a lie, the Adam and eve chapter, a lie, ID a lie, just calling it for what it is.

I'm not knocking peoples spirituality, just the belief system of some and the control it's having over our society, and president. In the hands of men in power, it becomes dangerous.

#51202 - 11/20/05 01:13 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Satan is a good metaphor.

But you know I agree with what you're saying. It's despicable the way Karl Rove masterminded the use of religion to manipulate people into voting for these horrible people.

#51203 - 11/21/05 06:27 AM Re: OT: Evolution
dorkus Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA 95124
It must suck to view everything through politically-colored glasses. If you cannot recognize the legitimacy of an opposing viewpoint, then you will forever fail to convince anyone of yours. Repeating the same mantras over and over again just affiirms your closed-mindedness. This goes for most here. \:\)

Jeremy, this discussion has focused mostly on science, but now you've brought up history. How do you explain Jesus from a historical perspective? And please, don't worry about being politically correct. (It's funny that bashing Christianity is politically correct, huh?)

Nick, I'm with Zrocks. I'm not sure you realize how you come across.

Page 16 of 42 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41 42 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: