Rate This Topic
#51174 - 11/13/05 04:21 AM Re: OT: Evolution
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Calling William Shatner.... ;\)

#51175 - 11/13/05 09:55 AM Re: OT: Evolution
mogandus Offline

Loc: Left Coast
"However,there are some who may find redemption" Cut the religious crap. It has nothing to do with evolution. Jesus was just fine till Constantine ****ed it up.

#51176 - 11/13/05 09:58 AM Re: OT: Evolution
TheHopiWay Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Washington State
 Quote:
Originally posted by mogandus:
"However,there are some who may find redemption" Cut the religious crap. It has nothing to do with evolution. Jesus was just fine till Constantine ****ed it up.
Amen to that.

#51177 - 11/13/05 10:08 AM Re: OT: Evolution
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
"Why not" is only sidestepping the question, Rider. And how do you know that the goal is after the fact? I tend to think you're right, but I don't think that's something we'll ever be able to know.

The reason I say that's the question is that if there's a goal, it implies that there's something with a goal in mind. That's why I see the gods as part of the process, and they're stuck in the same thermodynamic "dimension" of time that everything else is.

Actually, the idea that we have free will agrees with that too. God has to abide by Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

#51178 - 11/13/05 10:20 AM Re: OT: Evolution
ynghermes Offline
Founding Member

Ok, fine...

I think all this C--p about evolution is really many issues, first and formost about our soverigninty. If we believe that god didn't creat us then it is an easy jump to disolving that whole concept. Second. in essance it dosn't matter, were here, whatever the reason. Third, they all could be right (within the quantium theroy that all time is happening right now, at the same time). Fourth, I'm kinda parcial to the theroy that planet X (Nibereu) sucked all the water and life off of Mars and deposited about ten percent more people down here on earth. Just before the meteor hit in the gulf and destroied 90% of them. ;-)

#51179 - 11/13/05 12:03 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Your point 1: So what are you saying? It's not an easy jump to explain a lot of what we're talking about, because you need a decent background in several scientific sub-specialties to even understand the theories we have so far.

Point 2: I've already said that it doesn't matter to me, but I find the discussion interesting.

Point 3: Can you explain that? I've never heard that theory. Two particles can be in different places at the same time in one sense, but it's hard to fathom what that could have to do with the dimensions in which we exist. Space is a totally different concept on those scales.

Point 4: Actually, there is something to the theory that comets deposited certain building blocks we need here.

#51180 - 11/13/05 02:24 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
mogandus,
I couldn't agree more..

J

#51181 - 11/13/05 03:03 PM Re: OT: Evolution
mogandus Offline

Loc: Left Coast
There is intelligence on this Forum. Were our 10,000 year old ancestors also smart? Of course they were. They discovered fire. Oh...I'm sorry...there's no such thing as evolution.

#51182 - 11/13/05 05:00 PM Re: OT: Evolution
ynghermes Offline
Founding Member

Nick, that sounds funny to say that there has to be a knowledge of anything to explain or understand what any of the contributers have said so far. My point is that we always get caught up in the distraction, not the true or important points of what the government is selling us. Like draft cards, why burn them? they were the third contract/commitmentment. Burning the drivers licence would have been equally as absurd, but burning the social security card would have rasized a lot more awairness than a draft card. It would have also put more pressure on our government.

We are here discussing wether schools should and or could explain more views than are currently available in public schools and how that effects us and our future, but no one is looking down that road very far and extrapolating where this very discussion could lead, if it gets addopted as a common belief. Chicken or egg matters not which one came first does it? But canceling out the basic constitutional premmis that god created man and man created government gets canceled out if the wrong conclusion is drawn. Then where does that leave us?

The other points I'll tackel later after the gig.

#51183 - 11/13/05 06:08 PM Re: OT: Evolution
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

I see what you're saying.

Well, if you'd seen what I wrote about Kansas in the previous page, you'd see that I said exactly the same thing. I agree with you that this is all about politics. It's still an interesting subjec, though.

I never got a draft card, thank goodness, but I did have to register. My birthday was about in the middle of the lottery - 165 or so.

But no way would I have gone to fight in Vietnam, burned draft card or no draft card.

Page 14 of 42 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 41 42 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: