Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3756 - 05/12/04 03:02 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
ManFriday Offline

Loc: St. Charles, IL
 Quote:
John McCain is a Republican, for example, but he's an intelligent guy with his heart in the right place
He is an example of a RINO. He could not really be called a republican any more than Zell Miller could be called a democrat.

Quote:
Bush is also Republican, but he's a warmongering far right religious nut who wants to roll back Roe vs. Wade
He has'nt done nough to get rid of it if you ask me. That is one of the reasons Im ****ed at him.

#3757 - 05/12/04 09:05 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
jkruta, then let's hear what you have to say! \:o

#3758 - 05/12/04 09:37 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
ynghermes Offline
Founding Member

I'll keep saying it, we lost controll after the first takeover of the government. When Lincon was assanated the government gave the army to the prez, now hess called the commander and chief, what does that mean? Well, hes in controll,all he has to do is say army do that thing and the army does, before, when the secretary of state, I believe, had controll of the military, congress had to mandate the use of the army (a way safer way to use them). The other part of that equasion is that the proclamation of emancapation didn't free the slaves, it enslaved the free. And we all think Lincon was the good guy - SHEESH! Fifty years later, or there abouts, we were further enslaved by the incomtax that Coolige brought in with his winning of the presidental election, which he openly said that he would bring in the tax if elected, well he did on Dec 24 at 2 am in the morning when he called a special session that has NEVER been retified. It declined a little further with the taking away of our constitional right to own gold (the basis of our monitary system), then the initation of SOCIAL SECURITY, which is there to protect us from (ourselves) as we give sturardship to the government over ourselves in lue of the gift of retirment. We will never see a retirment check, who are they kidding...

As far as persidents, get the secret orgination out of politics, then the companies, go back to constitutional law, throw out the corprate law, where the lawers have to agree to be a pawn to the government, get rid of the four colored flag, red, white, blue and gold (the military flag), get the red, white and blue back in the court rooms and let the jury have its rights back to change any law and free anyone who has not hurt anyone... Secquestering the jury is like removing sexual ograins and telling the crowd that its OK now he has a a higher voice.

We CAN change this, we have to, we need to. FUK the government of the world, were American, damm it. If it means taking the government back, so be it. We must, we have to, for if WE don't, everything is lost. Thomas Jefferson once wrote, "it was a good 60 years" reffering to the way the government opperated in those years. It was before the civil war but Jefferson could see the writing on the wall, it was time to change it back to what it was, it didn't happen then,IT MUST HAPPEN NOW!

re-ELECT GORE!

#3759 - 05/12/04 09:50 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
 Quote:
Originally posted by ManFriday:
[QUOTE]And the republicans are not ruining the economy. the corporations are ruining the economy by sending all our friggin jobs over seas. and both parties are slaves to these huge corporations. Dont kid yourself into thinking that
the democrats are anymore "for the working class people" than the republicans are.
I'm not kidding myself about anything - I plainly stated that I despise both sides. I lived in Minnesota in 1998 and voted for Jesse Ventura. Try to find out facts about people before you blindly categorize them.

If the current administration wanted to stop corporations from offshoring, they would enact laws to stop it. But they aren't. Thus, they are directly involved in ruining the economy.

If the current administration wanted to improve our foreign policy, they'd stop acting like spoiled children trying to finish daddy's unfinished business. But they don't. So the entire world continues suffering.

#3760 - 05/12/04 10:17 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Daniel Carrillo Offline

Just a friendly reminder:

YOU GUYS ARE MUSICIANS AND ENGINEERS!!!!!!!!!!

Not politicians.

Do like Dairy Queen and "EQ something different"

Thanks for your consideration.

Vote Quimby!

#3761 - 05/12/04 10:39 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
ynghermes Offline
Founding Member

But Daniel,

Thats the same logic that the polititions use...
'We know whats best for you, were the polititions', those sold out lawers don't care about us useless feeders, we just pay for everything. there allegence is to the great gods, the coperations... Not us.

The design is to keep us down, lowering the population will do that. The war is just anouther way of eleminating the useless feeders and keeping them/us under thier control.

Your dreaming if you think that you have freedom right now, yea sure, we have more than MOST but not as much as we are suppost to because it has already been tahen away from us and we let them do it.

#3762 - 05/12/04 11:04 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
jkruta Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Collinsville/St. Louis, MO USA
Well Nick,
I hate politics and I dislike politicians in general. I don't trust a single one of them. Well, less than I can count on one hand. I vote for either Republican or Democrat or independent or not at all, depending on what info I can gather on them. Unfortunately, I don't trust the press either. I appreciate your opinions, Justin's opinions, Shane's opinions, etc. My observation is that making a derogatory remark about someone (even one that I agree with), doesn't convince me that everything about that person is wrong. I'm an ass at times, but that doen't mean that if I say "1+1=2", that makes that equation false. The reverse is true also.
I haven't heard a lot of information from the participants on this forum to explain or justify their opinions.
I'm not saying that we don't have the right to express those opinions or beliefs, it's just that we are not engaging in honest, traditional debate. That was the reason for my statement about the art of debate being lost. Even on the news and cable shows which purport to be fair, balanced, left, right, central, or whatever, there is no true debate.
While I enjoy the zingers and gotchas I read here, it seems that the remarks are made from deep seated convictions and prejudices rather than from analyical observations.
For example two people view a spokesperson for an administration and one thinks every word coming out of their mouth is a lie and the other believes it as gospel. Then, a few years later, a new administration is in and now the reverse is true. I'm tired of both of them.
Jim K.

#3763 - 05/12/04 11:27 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Knife Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New York
Just some of the entirely unsupported opinions and misstatments of "fact" spouted in here:

4 More years of Bush will lead to "ending the world as we know it."

"The Republicans at the moment are destroying our economy and world position,"

Roe vs. Wade is a sound decision that should not be rolled back.

Ted Kenedy is an "impressive, liberal" politician.

Before Lincoln's assassination, the President was not the Commander in Chief.

Yeah. The art of debate IS lost.

As well as the idea that a sound debate is founded on a knowledge of the facts (both those that support your position AND those that support the opposition), an understanding of the issues and an ability to stay on topic.

#3764 - 05/12/04 11:46 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Daniel Carrillo Offline

What did the lepper say to the hooker?

Keep the tip.

#3765 - 05/12/04 12:17 PM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Knife Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New York
 Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Batzdorf:
And I'm filing this under Knife is misquoting what I said about polygamy in the end.
But see: http://www.audiotalkback.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007090;p=4

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Batzdorf:
...you’re equating something positive [gay marriage] – a bond between two people – with something [polygamy] that hurts people.
I'm not misquoting a word of what was said.

Deal.

Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: