Page 6 of 22 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1443 - 02/25/04 01:42 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
DANIEL R. GOMEZ Offline

Loc: RENO NV. USA
Nick, to bring a moral topic into this forum is totally unprofessional and and as a result my respect for your judgement on all issues has been reduced considerably. As if you cared.

#1444 - 02/25/04 02:14 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hey, I marked it OT, Justin and Maric allow it, and you're not obligated to read it. I'm totally outraged by what's going on and I wanted to get that off my chest.

What this is really about is that you have a guilty conscience for disagreeing with me when you know you're wrong.

#1445 - 02/25/04 02:27 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Are gay parents as good? Sure, they can be good people, love the child to death, and raise a decent kid… But wouldn’t it be better to have the influence of a mom and a dad around?
Sure it would be better. It would also be better if every family were happy and not dysfunctional, if the divorce rate were much lower, and so on. But reality intrudes. Anyway, this isn't the issue - gay people can create or adopt children today.

Quote:
Unintended consequences. I believe that this redefinition opens the door to other types of marriages. What will be next?
To me this argument is reductio ad absurdum. No offense, but it only reflects a lack of understanding by equating homosexuality with all kinds of other things. Polygamy is illegal because it's really rough on the women. Next thing you know we'll have pedophiles marrying children and men marrying sheep! I think not.

And the argument about sex education is really a tangent. I happen to feel that you never hurt kids by talking about issues, though. My 9-year-old daughter certainly knows about gay people and doesn't understand why there's any prejudice against them. She knows the facts of life, but isn't really thinking about that part of it (it's all a pretty disgusting idea to her!); she just accepts that sometimes men like men and women like women. To me those are good values, and I don't particularly take credit for instilling them in her, it's just the way she is.

#1446 - 02/25/04 02:59 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
shrimp Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: the briny deep
 Quote:
as a result my respect for your judgement on all issues has been reduced considerably.
Yeah, Batzdorf, how could anyone who's in favor of gay marriage know anything about word clock anyway!??!

#1447 - 02/25/04 03:22 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Yes, it's true. I'm a charlatan.

#1448 - 02/25/04 03:39 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DANIEL R. GOMEZ:
Nick, to bring a moral topic into this forum is totally unprofessional and and as a result my respect for your judgement on all issues has been reduced considerably. As if you cared.
Not to rush to Nick's aid (as if he needed it), but how, Dan, is discussing this issue in this forum unprofessional? I produce records for a living - have for over 25 years - and I have had some of my best, off the topic of music, conversations with many of the artists I have worked with. The studio is a forum where people from a multitude of diverse backgrounds discuss issues both serious and otherwise. I have produced albums for lesbians, homosexuals, blacks, whites, Jews, Rastas, Conservatives, Liberals & yes, even a number of well known Christian acts. I have heard many views on many subjects, but not once have I ever thought that the honest dissemination of information and opinion was unprofessional. I enjoy a healthy debate - and try to see all sides of the issue before rendering an opinion. Respectfully, I suggest you do the same.

#1449 - 02/25/04 03:54 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
Shane Offline

Loc: La Crescenta, Ca. USA
Nick,
Assuming way too much can be problematic.

To Clarify, I said..."
A society without absolute values, absolutely has no value."

And you audaciously spun it in the following assumption...

"What you really mean is a society without *your* absolute values absolutely has no value. And that value is unpermutated crap."

That is not what I meant, and, I totally resent you having the audacity to presume to speak for me! And what is "unpermutated" anyway? There is no such word.

check out... Demize !

#1450 - 02/25/04 04:16 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
chrisg Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Damnit!!!

I nearly missed the whole freakin' thing.

I respect those who think homosexuality is wrong. I disagree with them but I try to respect their values just as I hope they respect mine.

With that said: there is a simple solution to this problem.

If you don't approve of homosexual marriages, don't marry a homosexual. That is the end of your concern in the matter.

-

#1451 - 02/25/04 04:16 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
TheHopiWay Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Washington State
 Quote:
Originally posted by Shane:
Nick,
Assuming way too much can be problematic.

To Clarify, I said..."
A society without absolute values, absolutely has no value."

And you audaciously spun it in the following assumption...

"What you really mean is a society without *your* absolute values absolutely has no value. And that value is unpermutated crap."

That is not what I meant, and, I totally resent you having the audacity to presume to speak for me! And what is "unpermutated" anyway? There is no such word.
Shane,
Perhaps you could clarify what you did mean.
I honestly can't think of a way to see it different than Nick's stated observation.
No disrespect intended. Just curious.
Hopi

#1452 - 02/25/04 04:22 PM Re: OT: Gay bashing
shrimp Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: the briny deep
 Quote:
If fact any group that claims to be disadvataged can, more than likely be afforded sponsorship from the kind beneficiary of a Rockefeller Brotherhood Foundation, Scholarship etc.
Koool...maybe I can get those high end pre amps, compressors and equalizers after all!

Page 6 of 22 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: