Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136200 - 01/21/10 08:12 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! ***** [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
noah330 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Massachusetts
Nick,

I believe in a strong State government with limited interference from the Feds.

IMHO some issues are better solved on the local level. Health care has been fixed here in Massachusetts.

Scott Brown voted for health care here in MA. Like many people in Massachusetts he does not feel that the Federal bill is good for us.

Coakley has a very bad record as a DA. She let a police officer who molested a 23 month old child with a hot curling iron off because of his political connections.

Nearly 10 months after the crime, Coakley’s office recommended that he be released on personal recognizance, with no cash bail. He remained free until December 2007, when Coakley’s successor as district attorney won a conviction and two life terms.

Coakley also alienated Massachusetts' Catholic population when she said that Catholics should not be allowed to work in emergency rooms due to sep of church and State.

"You can have religous freedom but you shouldn't work in an emergency room." - Martha Coakley

Ken Pittman: Right, if you are a Catholic, and believe what the Pope teaches that any form of birth control is a sin. ah you don't want to do that.

Martha Coakley: No we have a seperation of church and state Ken, lets be clear.

Ken Pittman: In the emergency room you still have your religious freedom.

Martha Coakley: (......uh, eh...um..) The law says that people are allowed to have that. You can have religious freedom but you probably shouldn't work in the emergency room.

Coakley ran a very bad campaign, but the most impressive thing is that Scott Brown never went negative. Coakley did a lot of bad things as AG and none were brought up by Brown.

When the attack ads (which were running constantly) were running you would get a negative Coakley ad then you would get a Brown ad talking about issues.

The fact that Brown won in Massachusetts shows that the people of the State do not want national health care.

Obama and Clinton both came to MA and it didn't help.

Scott Brown is also a vet which to me means a lot.

I think Obama needs to move more to center if he wants to get anything done. I think many people are for health care reform, but we're not for the special deals and I think people are sick of Obama's closed door poliics - he did promise debate on CSPAN and was supposed to be the opposite of Bush, yet he is exactly the same on many issues.

Hopefully, he will take a lesson from Clinton and move to center.

I honestly think this is the end of the Democratic congress come November. I also think this may mean we get Obama for another 4 because he is going to have to move to center.

Hopefully, we can see bipartisan solutions and work together.

I don't like to see either party have a majority. I prefer checks and balances.

The MA election came down to healthcare. That was it. I know a lot of liberals who voted for Brown. I know no independents who didn't vote for Brown.

We do live in a democracy and the people have spoken and they do not want healthcare and they do not want special deals for LA or NE.

What we saw on Tuesday was proof of that.

Let's hope Obama starts listening to what the majority wants.

Edited by noah330 (01/21/10 08:16 PM)

#136201 - 01/21/10 08:17 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: noah330]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
Noah, the truth is, that there were so many problems with Coakley. I was perplexed why would Dems wanted to serve the seat to Reps on a silver platter.

#136203 - 01/21/10 08:27 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Kecinzer]
noah330 Offline
Veteran Member

I agree. I have never in all the years I have lived in Massachusetts seen the excitement of the people I talked to.

The one surprising thing was that a lot of the folks keyed up to vote for Obama were voting for Brown.

I think the one thing this shows is that the Kennedy legacy is alive in Scott Brown.

Lowering taxes and a strong national defense were keystones of JFK's philosophy and Scott is in step with that.

Hopefully he will do a good job. I have already heard a lot of people say he could beat Obama in 2012. In many ways, he will be as qualified - first term sen, 30 year military vet, charismatic, good looking, etc....

I know he is now talking about tax credits for families instead of programs and spending. The best thing is he will be able to vote to not approve the 1.5 billion dollar increase in the budget coming up.

I agree with Brown on most issues and it's a great feeling to have someone in DC representing my views for the state.

I think the fact that he campaigned on issues and really, really stuck to solutions and what his views were instead of attacking Coakley (and there was a lot of ammo for that) shows he is a good guy. Nice to see a genuine, clean campaign.

Edited by noah330 (01/21/10 08:39 PM)

#136206 - 01/21/10 08:45 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: noah330]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
Noah: I'm glad you're happy with your healthcare and that others in your state feel that they are the only ones that should have any health reform. It's interesting you said that it did not create any of the 'end of the world' scenarios that are being used to discredit any reform.

The problem with doing it at state level is your subject to the current political views of the local administration. We have an idiot governer that has been dismantalling our health care for years. Any possible low-income programs have been cut to almost non-existance. We have been able to publicly fund a few sports stadiums of course. I'm guessing this is why Medicare and social security are not "state" programs.

I know the IDIOT they put up to run on the democratic ticket should never have been elected - everything I see shows she was an idiot. The problem is this will now put washington in a dead stop until November.

#136209 - 01/21/10 08:55 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Joe Lepore]
noah330 Offline
Veteran Member

Joe,

I think you're misunderstanding. I want everyone to have affordable health care.

What works for Massachusetts may not work for some other State. All of the States have the chance to elect their leaders.

Mitt Romney and Ted Kennedy have very different views, but they are both good men with the best interest of the people at heart.

I think one thing that gets lost is that there are smart, caring, good people on both sides.

Kennedy and Romeny solved the problem for us. We can not afford to pay for our program and also pay for Nebraska's care because they have a special deal.

We also don't want to lose our product that works for some experiment.

I can not vote in MN elections - you can. It's up to you to get involved and vote for the person who will give you what you need.

It can happen.

#136210 - 01/21/10 08:57 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Joe Lepore]
ExcelAV Offline

Sam you wrote,>>I just read ExcelAV's virulent post.<<, which post do you consider virulent, care to elaborate?

#136211 - 01/21/10 09:11 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: ExcelAV]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
Actually, with the new supreme court ruling today, I doubt ANYONE has any more voting ability. The stupid masses always out-vote those that actually know what's going on - and now that special interests can spend as much $$$ as they want, what's the point of even donating to any candidate as an individual.

Today was a sad day for "democracy" in this country.

.. do you really think 50 different health care bills is the solution?! Seriously!

#136214 - 01/21/10 09:37 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Joe Lepore]
Tardo Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: New Jersey
Man what was the Supreme court thinking??? WTF....

#136216 - 01/22/10 02:04 AM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Tardo]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

That was a bizarre ruling indeed... a step backward.

#136217 - 01/22/10 02:08 AM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Kecinzer]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

DUET: Ayla Brown, daughter of U.S. Sen.-elect Scott Brown, performs with James Montgomery Tuesday night at her father’s victory party. Montgomery, who founded the Devi Blue Foundation to help struggling musicians obtain health care, supported Brown

HERE

Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: