Page 12 of 29 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111394 - 08/01/07 10:21 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Brent]
Andrew K Offline
Founding Member

Loc: LA, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Brent
Sorry for the trouble Justin. But appears to be working now.

Very nice mix Brent!! Especially for the pay ;\) (listened to it on Apple ear buds on my laptop)

I like all your choices and you took a somewhat meandering song and gave it a solid form with sections that build and release.

@ Justin... you may think the 2k eq vocal delay fx is cliche but it's one of those things that if you heard the song like this first... you'd always miss it if it wasn't there. Personally... I think it adds more to the song and production than it takes away

My 2 cents.

Again.. great job Brent.

AK

#111396 - 08/01/07 11:14 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
I've been listening to all the mixes on my computer spaekers with a sub. There are 2 that stand out for the wrong reasons in different ways.

Mortons mix had some bad EQ choises which make the bass frequencies bommy and thuddy, over driving my sub.

Audiofile has some extreme pumping on the mastering, maybe trying a bit to hard to make it sound good. I likes the chorus on the gtr, really changed the feel of the tune.

Other than these 2, I think they are all good. Like different flavors of ice cream, or different kinds of bread, like shaved and unshaved pussy, (personaly I like it trimed to a straight vertical line, nice and thin, but not tooo thin) like different kinds of dogs, or cats, or the extreme verity of wildlife in the amazon jungle.

Or like different kinds of beer, or weed, man if everything looked sounded, smalled, tasted, felt the same, life would be boring as hell. The mixes are all good. Just I think that AF over did it in the mastering, and Morton had some EQ issues.

One other thing is it's not fair having mastered and unmastered mixes competing. I say master it.

But my mix brings a smile to my face. It's flipping the bird into the face of bad sound, saying "fuck you, bitch!! Whatever, Whatever, I do wat I wontt!!

#111397 - 08/01/07 11:15 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Andrew K]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
Very nice Brent...
j

#111398 - 08/01/07 11:19 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Jeff E]
Audiophile Offline
Founding Member

Loc: The Universe
jeremy. I have absolutely no compression on either drums or master mix.

#111399 - 08/01/07 11:22 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Audiophile]
Audiophile Offline
Founding Member

Loc: The Universe
i do appreciate the compliments oh great master!

#111402 - 08/01/07 11:41 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Audiophile]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

I wonder where the pumping is coming from? It sounds overly compressed, maybre a mp3 conversion thing> I don't know. I'm not saying it didn't sound good, it did, just that something about the overall sound caught my attention. What till you hear my real mix, you well hear just how much a master I am.

#111403 - 08/01/07 11:46 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: jeremy hesford]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

You well be so humbled, shiver in your boots, and deeply regret any bad thing you ever said about my external hard drives, or w/c cables.

Justin, I volenteer to mail 50$ in cash to the person who gets voted for the best sounding mix. If I win, each one of you has to send me 50$ in cash. I'm serious, I well sent a 50$ bill to whoever gets voted the best mix.

There has to be a deadline, lets give it 2 weeks. What ya tink???

#111405 - 08/01/07 11:51 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: jeremy hesford]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Oh, and you can only post once. The mix that is there is it. ORRR we start a new thread, and do this for real for 50$.

The only way this can work is if we send the mixes to Justin in a time frame, then he makes a vote post with all the mixes anonimusly. Then you vote on the mix not knowing who it is.

What you think Justin?

#111406 - 08/01/07 11:52 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
Dark Star Balla Offline

Loc: Chicago Bizurbz
diophile, this by far is the best drum mix I've heard on this song. They have much more bite and attack. Thr Ac guit has more bite and attack also. the song is a bit too long tho. But you and EWF has made this song sound pretty descent.

#111407 - 08/01/07 11:54 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: jeremy hesford]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Instead of "The Mix Posse", we well be known as "The Mix Monsters".

Page 12 of 29 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28 29 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: