Page 13 of 29 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111408 - 08/02/07 12:02 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: jeremy hesford]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
Jeremy - I am thinking of coming up with some sort of prize but I don't want to impose a deal where everyone chips in cash for a few reasons. One, for it to be fair, everyone would have to chip in the same amount and, essentially, that makes it an entry fee and I think it would have a chilling effect on some who might otherwise participate. Second, there are laws about running contests and I don't want to run into legal issues. Stay tuned, for prize info though. I can't promise anything but I have a few ideas. The prize would be donated, be relatively inexpensive and likely a piece of gear or maybe a book or something. Remember this is about learning and sharing your work with your collegues. The real prize is showing what you can do!

Regarding your recent post above. I think your choice of adjectives is a bit on the crude side and doesn't represent you well. I too have heard you do really good mixes, so I don't understand why you think it's funny to let a joke mix stand with your name and reputation on it. Anyway, I'll be interested to hear your "real" attempt at it.

#111411 - 08/02/07 12:33 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Brent]
EWF Offline

Loc: Diamond Bar, CA
Brent,

Very nice with some cool ideas.

#111414 - 08/02/07 03:52 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: EWF]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
Excellent Brent! I can see you aren't just a great engineer, but a real musician / producer.

What did you use for the vocals tuning?

#111415 - 08/02/07 04:06 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Kecinzer]
Morten Offline

Loc: Denmark
Yea Brent´s Mix is super cool!!, very nice job \:\)

Well Jærømi`s comments made me go back and do another mix, cause I did suspect I had some Bass problems as im treating my room at the moment!, and after getting this stage of putting up bass traps done(I probably need to do some things still!), It became pretty clear what Jærømi was talking about so here´s a new mix after all the bas traps are done(for now).
Plz if those of you with better treated rooms, could point out what im missing, like if theres still bass sticking out here and there, then that would be cool \:\)
and I should probably mention I dont have a subwoofer!.

Its still mixed with the same plugins
Far from Home

Edited by Morten (08/02/07 07:39 AM)

#111418 - 08/02/07 09:10 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Morten]
Brent Offline

Loc: Michigan
Thanks for the complements guys and nice job by everyone so far.

#111419 - 08/02/07 10:39 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
immprod Offline

Loc: Norway
Hey Justin! Thought I´d give it a go, but the stereo instruments looks like two similar mono files, not true stereo. Did you just split up a mono file?

#111420 - 08/02/07 10:42 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Brent]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Morten - your second mix does sounds better than the first one. Nice job. The mix isn't particularly bass heavy so your bass traps must be helping. This is a complex topic that's been discussed heavily on this site. You might try doing a search on the forums for more info.

#111422 - 08/02/07 11:24 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
Justin, you are as stiff as a board, is there no humor in your life? You take all this too seriously. As far as my so called reputation goes, I don't care what people think.

Morton, you need to check your mixes on other playback systems. I heard the thumping in my office computer speakers. I use to have that problem when I was using the DA7 as my A to D converter. When I got the apogee mini me, it cleared up that monitoring problem. You should be able to hear it with a good pair of head phones, bass traps aside.

#111427 - 08/02/07 12:22 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: jeremy hesford]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Jeremy, I love humor but yours in this instance is juvenile and not funny. Sorry you don't care about how people view your work.

#111428 - 08/02/07 01:57 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: immprod]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Originally Posted By: immprod
Hey Justin! Thought I´d give it a go, but the stereo instruments looks like two similar mono files, not true stereo. Did you just split up a mono file?

They are stereo and the WAV files are labeled with L and R. The acoustic guitar was recorded with two small diaphram condenser mics set up as a coincident pair.

Page 13 of 29 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28 29 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: